Interested? Curious? Possibly intimidated? When it comes to woodworking the router is one of the most advantageous and versatile machines in the shop, and quite possibly the most confusing and under-utilized. Come and learn the basics of this wonderful machine. We will be looking at the different sizes of routers and their purpose, the various ways to handle each one, and cover many of the various bits and joinery that is possible with a router. Finally we will use what we learn to craft a keepsake photo project that you can take home.
Who is this class for?
- Beginner or intermediate woodworker who wants to learn more about using a router in your projects.
- Someone with no woodworking experience.
Skills you will learn.
- Safe operation of a router
- Different types of routers and bits
- Why one router is better suited than another for a certain job
- Specific router recommendations
This is a basic class open to any age (under 19 will need a parent or guardian present at all times) and will provide an opportunity for a “hands on” experience.
Class size is limited to 10 people.