This is a class on how to use the vinyl cutter at the shop. No previous experience necessary. There are many different software packages that can be used for controlling a vinyl cutter like this. For class, we will use the free Inkscape program.
What You Will Learn
- to make vinyl stickers for decoration or advertisement
- the differences in the types of vinyl
- how to set up a cutting job and control the shop cutter
- how to choose the right vinyl for a particular purpose
Who is This Class For?
- Those wanting to use the shop vinyl cutter
- Those curious about whether a home cutter is a good choice
- Those wanting to understand how to use Inkscape to control a vinyl cutting machine
What to Bring
- Computer with Inkscape installed
- If you don’t have a computer, you can use the shop machine
- Vinyl will be provided
Bringing your own computer is not a requirement, but doing so gives us a chance to help you work out any kinks in communication between your computer and the cutter. You can always use the shop computer for controlling the cutter, but it is much easier to prepare your files on a machine at home.
If you are a member and plan to come to class, please let us know so we can prepare for the right number of people.