Welding is a skill that has to be cultivated over time and practice. The purpose of this class is to be a primer that covers the basics needed to develop this skill.
You Will Learn
- What welding is
- Metal prep and its purpose
- How a MIG welding machine works
- Practical experience with a basic joint
What to Bring
- Wear clothes that are made of natural fibers (anything cotton and denim would be appropriate).
- Wear clothes that will cover arms and legs. Welding splatter can be painful.
- If you want to bring your own heavy leather gloves, you are welcome to bring them. Otherwise we have a few pair that can be shared during class..
Who Can Attend
- This is an introductory class. You do not need to have any welding experience to attend.
- Attendees must be 18 year old or older. However, you must be 19 or older to attend without a parent or guardian.
Date and Cost
The class will start at 10a on Saturday September 17.
The cost of the class is $30 and can be paid for with the PayPal link below.